I have already taken my three beautiful children on many outings by myself. The first to swimming lessons, R was 9 days old. We have also been to Hillary's Boat Harbour, grocery shopping, our weekly music session and out for a spot of shopping (kid's art supplies) and coffee. All have been stress, tantrum and bribery (slightly) free events!
I get a lot of comments from passers by and the most common comment is "Gee, you're brave". This is second to, "Don't you have your hands full!". But back to the 'brave' comment, I don't get it. Really, I don't understand. Do people think that my husband and I would choose to have three children and then declare that I will never again leave the house with them?
So I looked this up:
Brave
[breyv] adjective, brav·er, brav·est, noun, verb, braved, brav·ing.
–adjective
1. possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
2. making a fine appearance.
3. Archaic . excellent; fine; admirable.
–noun
4. a brave person.
5. a warrior, especially among North American Indian tribes.
6. Obsolete . a. a bully.
b. a boast or challenge.
–verb (used with object)
7. to meet or face courageously: to brave misfortunes.
8. to defy; challenge; dare.
When hearing people say that I'm brave for taking 3 children out I think "pfft, no I'm not", but since finding this meaning I have come to like the term. I know people say it with the first meaning in mind, but I quite like the second two.
I am more than happy to take my children out in public, they are well mannered, well behaved and gorgeous!! Come to think of it, they are actually better behaved when we are out! Why wouldn't I want to show them off?
This is brave, if you ask me:
That's it for now, have a day full of laughs. xox M
Hi Mandi, I saw that were a follower of my blog so I popped by. I usually leave a comment because I think it's nice to know who's visiting your blog. Have a great weekend:)
ReplyDelete