Friday, January 20, 2012

It's over.


We've had a long, happy relationship but I'm breaking up with you.
source via google image

Two nights ago, as I sat at the computer my husband asked;
"Much happening?"
"I'm not on there."  A few minutes later I elaborated;
"When I say I'm not on there, I mean I'm not on there."
"You're kidding me?" 
"Nope."
He proceeded to take my temperature...

As a Stay At Home Mum, I am proficient in several languages;
Babble; "dadadad" "mummum" (Newbie), 'Non verbal'; point and grunt (The Boy) and 'Nearly 4' (The Girl) She can talk underwater, she rarely stops. However, there's only so many times I can talk about rainbows, unicorns and pink. Facebook was my daily dose of real (albeit on a screen) adult conversation and interaction. But it was getting too much and my children and my house weren't getting the best of me.

For that, I lay some blame with a certain group of women who shall remain nameless. I have become very close to these girls, even though (most of us) haven't met. I must say I miss them more than being on FB itself. It's their fault I was spending so much time on Facebook! They are full of wisdom, encouragement, advice, support and many, many laughs. They are most certainly the reason I left and the reason I shall return to Facebook. Love you girls! (and not forgetting the goats).

I know that I could never permanently remove myself from Facebook. It's just a part of (almost everyone's) life now. I know I would miss too much without it* like announcements, photos, competitions, invitations, news, shopping, updates and birthdays. Have a look at this:
<><><><><>
source via google
Before I left Facebook, it asked me if I was sure I wanted to go? You know, the process to leave is more involved then it is to return. They don't want you to go at all. Pictures of people I know popped up, saying they will miss me. To be honest, I doubt I'll be missed by most (with the exception of my girls) and I can guarantee a heap of people I'm "friends" with will not even notice I'm gone from their list. Upon my return I'm planning to scale back my friends list, just having gone to school with me won't cut it. You have to actually care and be a part of my life beyond the screen. Oh, but if you make me laugh you might just get to stay.


It's part of my plan to make 2012 the best yet. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and three beautiful children, they deserve to have a mumma and wife who gives them her best too (and doesn't waste so much time on Facebook.



I have a new love anyway.

Stay happy!
M

 *I also need Facebook to promote this here little blog!! Please, please leave a comment for me or better yet 'follow me'. I'll be back on Facebook when I'm ready.









 

4 comments:

  1. Don't blame us for being so damn lovable! The goats miss you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I won't miss you as long as you keep blogging!
    I rarely "status update" anymore, I just link to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baaaaaaaaaa. Baaaaaa. Mawaaaaa. Baaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you already! but totally understand the need to "de facebook" I have often thought about it but cant for the business so instead did a friend overhaul!! stay in touch hey?? can you email me humni@hotmail.com with your details?

    love you long time,

    Josie xx

    ReplyDelete